New blog for a group of guys in art purgatory trying to find out where we want to go with our love of art. We are currently working at legoland as caricature artists. This blog is a means to challenge each other and showcase our work to each other and also stay in touch and continue to motivate and inspire each other. every week (or whenever theres time) theyll be a subject posted and the members will have a week to meet the challenge and post it. Or just post whenever you want as long as you get your stuff up there. they can be sketches, rendered paintings, digital work or fingerpaints from your own blood whatever media!! ok biznatches. do work!


Monday, September 15, 2008

My Very Very Very Late Femme Fatale-ish Thing


So here it is.
Yes, sloppy line work. It's all crazy and uneven and weird. Oh well! This is my first Photoshop inking-and-coloring endeavor... and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I would love to do more detail, make her costume more embellished and all that jazz, but I'm done with it for now.
I think I should try to do some other stuff... very, very slowly and steadily, of course. Because that's just how I work.

12 comments:

Marko Darko said...

im sure it's nice, .....where is it??

Elizabeth said...

Lol it's right there to the left xD

Matthew said...

Wow...nice post!

It's alright to take it slow and get it right...the most important thing is that it is available for us to enjoy :)

As far as embelishing goes...it isn't necessary unless you want to explore that. By building the drawing slowly from the beginning, you were able to nail down a design that works...nice job!

Elizabeth said...

Awww, thanks a bunch! That's so nice of you to say!

Twan said...

Awesome Beth, A-.
you did an awesome job finishing it up, really glad you posted it.

*kisses your left cheek*

Elizabeth said...

Thank you!
Glad to know my left cheek won't go neglected.
That would be just terrible.

Magdiel said...

very cool man, you should post more often...

Elizabeth said...

Awww, thanks Mag! I'll try to, I need stuff like the challenges to keep me drawing... otherwise I never do anything art-related, and that's just no good!

Lovely Tenshi said...

Amazing! That looks totally sweet! Your hands are way more cooler than my drawling hands, hands down! *no pun intended...*

But seriously, very great jobe.

Anonymous said...

As one who ABSOLUTELY LOATHES doing Clean-Up line/inking working .....I know your frustration Beth. In the end the better the drawing is (the more clear it is) the better and easier the inking will be.

You did a great job!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks a lot!

Yes, line work has always been my trouble. I need to stop drawing all scritchy-scratchy. It does not serve me well.

Marko Darko said...

you're so cute beth, you responded to every comment, lol